Suadia Arabian women have finally taken a step toward receiving equality and freedom. On Saturday, King Abdullah, appointed Norah Al-Faiz as the country's first deputy minister for women's education.
Though it's not positive that Norah Al-Faiz will have a lot of "real" power, it's still a huge improvement for women to be given such a position among the council. I hope that through Norah, other women in Saudia Arabia can have the courage to stand up for what they believe in despite their current status within the community.

2 comments:
This is wonderful news! I hadn't heard about this until I read your blog. Although I am skeptical that her position will be one of significant power, it is substantial that she was given a position in the council to begin with! I'm currently reading a book called Jane Eyre and it contains many accounts of the fight for women's rights. I believe that everyone deserves equal rights and hope that Norah Al-Faiz helps the fight!
I agree with you and Jamie! I am so happy to hear that they are trying to improve women rights. In the society we live in today, we don't realize how lucky we are to have rights and have freedom to do what we want. This entry shows how people in other parts of the world struggle and fight for their rights.
Post a Comment